In a typical business environment, there are specific installations that you cannot do without. One of them is exterior lights. Have you considered installing exterior lighting for your business? There are many ways that your business could benefit from exterior lights. This is true regardless of the size of your business. Let’s look at 4 reasons why exterior lighting for your business is not only a good idea, but a necessity.
Why You Should Install Exterior Lighting For Your Business
- Wards Off Threats: Good exterior lighting is important for warding off potential threats at night. It discourages robbers and neighborhood gangs from hanging around your business or hiding in dark spots around your business, making your business safer. Keep in mind that burglaries or break-ins are more likely to occur when your place of business is not adequately illuminated. Luckily, you can find many affordable exterior lighting options on the market today.
- Exposes Potential Hazard: Potential hazards around the exterior of your business place, on the sidewalk, in the parking lot, or even around dumpsters become more visible with exterior lighting. These hazards could include explosives, animals, or changes in floor elevation.
- Attracts Customers: Not only is good lighting great for security; an added advantage of exterior lighting is that it attracts customers. Exterior lighting adds to the security of your business and draws the attention of customers. Without exterior lighting, you could easily give the impression that you’re closed for the day when, in fact, you’re not. Furthermore, customers feel safer going to a well-illuminated place at night because they are less likely to be harmed in such areas.
- Aesthetics: Well-placed and designed exterior lighting can be a bonus for aesthetics. It can draw attention to the beauty of your landscaping and environment. Additionally, exterior lighting for your business environment could draw attention to hidden beauties that might not be seen with natural daytime light.
Precautions And Guidelines For Installing Exterior Lighting For Your Business
When you decide to install exterior lighting, there are a few things to consider. Below are some helpful tips for installing exterior lighting for your business:
- Floodlights should be used for places that are more likely to be dark as they illuminate vast areas.
- Lamp posts are more ideal for walkways and parking lots.
- Keep it within necessary limits. Excess lighting draws unnecessary attention to valuables in your business and can also cause light pollution. Try to maintain a balance.
- Ensure that all lights near all entrances are efficient.
- Ensure that the dumpster area is well illuminated.
- Check the exterior lighting regularly to ensure the bulbs are functioning correctly.
- Ensure your exterior lights are protected with wire cages over the bulbs.
Business Exterior Lighting Installations That You Can Trust
At Smart Digital, we pride ourselves in supplying and installing quality, reliable exterior lighting that is tailored to your business and fits your budget. Visit our website to learn more, or call us at (419)490-0180 to request a free quote. Give your business the added layer of security it deserves today.